KAP cannot and does not in any way endorse or recommend any of these professionals, as their inclusion on this list is done without any verification or screening by NCSF. However, each professional listed has volunteered to be available to be contacted by people involved in “kinky” sexuality (leather, BDSM, fetish, polyamory, the Lifestyle, etc.) either by contacting KAP directly or through another kink-friendly publication or organization.
Learn More About What To Expect From Your Professional:
Kink Clinical Guidelines
Consensual Non-monogamy for Mental Health Professionals brochure
Poly, Kink, and Swinger awareness levels.
- “Friendly” is a minimal level of general knowledge about the chosen field and openness to working with clients without automatically pathologizing behaviors or interests.
- “Aware” is level where clinicians have specific knowledge of concepts and practices that are important to the subculture, and experience working with more than one or two identified clients.
- “Knowledgeable” is a more advanced level of knowledge and affirmative care. Kink Knowledgeable Resource: NCSF, 2019; Shahbaz & Chirinos, 2017 p33
Helpful Searching Tips
The more specific you are, the faster and better the results will be.
- Business Category: These are the Broad Categories of KAP Listings
- Keyword Search: You can use the Business Description Field to search for keywords
- Geographical Search: Choose your country first, and then a state field will appear.
- If there isn’t anyone close to you, you can remove the Region information and click on “Internet Based Business” to see everyone who works Virtually.