I am a psychotherapist and educator and hold an Associate Degree in Holistic Counselling, a Bachelor of Counselling and post-graduate training in somatic psychotherapy. I am currently completing a Master of Arts (Women's and Gender Studies) and have experience in developing and facilitating trauma-informed practice training for community mental health and family services professionals.
Some of the areas I have experience working with in therapy include:
- Sex work experiences
- Sexual identity & invisibility
- D/s relationships
- Polyamory/consensual non-monogamy
- Same-gender (LGBQ) relationship issues
- Food and body image issues
- Alcohol or substance use
- Complex health conditions
- Medical trauma and mistreatment
- Trauma (developmental, interpersonal, systemic or intergenerational)
- Exploring neurodivergence and developing affirming strategies
- Understanding sensory differences
- Nervous system education and regulation strategies
As a psychotherapist, I use a collaborative and integrative approach that draws on psychodynamic, emotion-focused, attachment-oriented, somatic, polyvagal and parts-based approaches. My priority is to ensure that you feel safe and empowered by our work together.