Past client’s would describe me as a genuine and safe person. I would describe my therapeutic approach as casual, while pulling from different therapy modalities in order to personalize treatment to the individual and work within their values and belief systems. I take a strengths-based approach to empower clients towards personal growth and healing. Life, education, and my career have provided me with opportunities for experiences in many areas, and I confidently offer these promises to my clients.
* Acceptance and celebration of your authentic self
* Personal growth and empowerment through the journey of therapy
* Respect for your boundaries and your pace while giving you the tools to push past your comfort zone
* To be a real, genuine person, who is also continuously growing
* To maintain confidentiality (aside from legal exceptions)
* To respect your autonomy in making your own decisions for your life
* To sit with you in the dark when the light is hard to find
* To be transparent in my limitations
* To be understanding and supportive if you decide we are not a good fit
Professionally: I am licensed as a Professional Counselor in AZ (LPC-20071) and certified as a National Certified Counselor (NBCC #819435), having worked the majority of my adult career in integrated medical environments, working closely with medical providers and clients struggling with comorbidities. I have worked in therapeutic roles in community health clinics, cancer centers, hospice, and foster care.
Personally: Think “encouraging cheerleader mixed with repressed goth.” I am obsessed with my dog and my love language is memes. Artist, musician, writer, and a survivor of major losses. I have benefited from therapy personally, with a mixture of both helpful and non-helpful experiences. I am comfortable and experienced in working with complex issues, including trauma, identity, sexuality, non-traditional relationships, alternative lifestyles, serious medical illness, end-of-life issues and spirituality. I strive to approach complex issues with curiosity and compassion and feel honored to collaborate with clients towards their success.